Last October my dear friend, and fellow author, Chantell Renee and I compiled a collection of 21 horror stories from seven authors. It was a lot of hard work, but even more fun. Many of the authors have been highlighted in my 20 Questions series, and you can check out pics from the release party here.
Now we’re working on our next anthology entitled Hair Raising Tales of Villainous Confessions-and we know that you’re interested in joining in on the fun and become a published author yourself.
I’m looking to publish early 2018-which means I’ll have to have your short story/poem/flash fiction by October 1, 2017 emailed to email@example.com
Still interested? Then read the rest of the info below-
Looking for authors that like to write about the dark side.
Submit your work to Mad Girl’s Publishing for the upcoming Hair Raising Tales of Villainous Confessions
1. All stories/flash fiction/poems must be from the perspective of a ‘villain’ They can be from a fairy tale, from another universe, or your old boss-as long as the story is told through a ‘villains’ perspective.
2. Feel free to choose if the villain is found in any way redeemable.
3. This short story (5000 words max)
/flash fiction (800 words max)/
poem (1200 words max) can be previously published or simultaneously published (as long as you also promote the anthology otherwise what’s the point).
4. You the author keep all rights to your work therefore it must be an original piece.
5. This is something I’m doing more for fun then for the $ therefore I don’t have any funds to pay you for the publication. But your piece will be professionally edited and as you know I love to promote my work and go to many events to sell such anthologies which will promote you and your work. (pretty much check out the first Hair Raising Tales and you can see that we proudly highlighted all of our authors).
6. This will only be an e-book. As I said I’m doing this for fun and I don’t have that much fun formatting therefore I’m only gonna do an e-book (but hey it will save a forest, right?)
7. Right now I’m shooting to release on Valentine’s Day.
Therefore I need all your pieces in by Sunday October 1.
I’m going to approve all the pieces by Wednesday November 1 and expect any bio’s and pictures by Tuesday November 7.
So if that time frame doesn’t work out for you then you need to opt out now.
e-mail stories to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2017